Book Launch Party & Exhibition
How the other half lives
by Nico Baumgarten
Book Launch Party & Exhibition:
Thursday, May 14, 2015, from 6 pm
- from 6 pm: bar and exhibition open
- from 7 pm: cat-inspired food (for donation)
- 8 pm: book presentation “How the other half lives” and a little discussion about self-publishing (with guests)
- from 9 pm: live-music by *FlipLeDoof tzotzal akustisch* (Banjo + many foot pedals) other bands to be confirmed
- all evening: DIY screen-printing of the anarchist-cat logo, bring your shirts, sweaters or whatever!
- later: bonfire in the garden and music at the bar
“How the other half lives” is a self-published photobook by Nico Baumgarten about freedom, segregation, discrimination, anarchy, loneliness and other aspects of a stray cat’s daily life. Through interviews different stray cats share their street wisdom and explain their view on contemporary society.
The book was printed in Berlin by Hinkelstein, a socialist cooperative owned by the workers, 100% free of hierarchies. Circle matt, the paper used in the book, is a real recycling-paper, meaning that it has actually been made from what we throw in the paper-garbage.
(You can still check the crowdfunding-site where you’ll find a lot of information about the production process.)
Title: How the other half lives
Author: Nico Baumgarten
Binding: saddle-stitched half-linen hardcover
Printing: duotone offset on Heidelberg Printmaster 74
Paper: Circle matt white 170 g/m2, Caribic schiefer 120g/m2 (endpapers)
Dimensions: 21,4 x 25,2 cm (8.3 x 9.8 inch)
Number of pages: 92
The retail price is 29 €.